On March 11, 2021, President Biden signed the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, which provides 100% COBRA subsidies for certain individuals beginning on April 1, 2021 through September 30, 2021. Limitations may apply.
On April 7, 2021, the Department of Labor released guidance and the NEW required model notices that determine how the COBRA subsidies will be administered and Frequently Asked Questions.
The DOL’s Employee Benefits Security Administration posted the following:
1. General Notice and Election Notice,
2. Notice in Connection with Extended Election Period,
3. Alternative Notice for State Continuation,
4. Notice of Expiration of Premium Assistance, and
5. Summary of the COBRA Premium Assistance Provisions
MNJ Insurance Solutions will continue to provide updates regarding this topic, as it becomes available. Please contact MNJ Insurance Solutions for more information at (714) 716-4303.