May is Mental Health Awareness Month, a time to raise awareness about the importance of mental health and wellbeing. Taking care of your mental health is just as important as taking care of your physical health.
Here are five tips for better mental health:
- Take time to re-group and re-center: Take time to do things that make you happy and relaxed, such as reading a book, taking a bath, or practicing a hobby.
- Connect with others: Community is important for good mental health. Spend time with friends and family.
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep per night: Adequate sleep is important for good mental health.
- Exercise on a regular basis: Physical activity can help reduce stress, improve mood, and boost overall mental health.
- Seek help if needed: Don’t hesitate to seek help from a mental health professional if you’re struggling with your mental health.
One more tip: If needed, you can call “988,” which is a suicide and crisis hotline number, similar to “911” for emergencies. When you contact the new mental health crisis hotline number, a trained crisis worker will offer emotional support and connect you with any needed resources.
Your mental health is important and we encourage you to get the help you need. Let’s all work together to break the stigma surrounding mental health and prioritize our mental wellbeing.
Please contact MNJ Insurance Solutions for more information and how we can help with your Employee Benefits.