In uncertain times such as these, employees are looking for guidance wherever they can find it. Listed below are practical tips Employers can help calm some of their employees’ fears by taking the following actions:
- Acknowledge employee fears surrounding their jobs and the company, but also reassure them of their value to the company and the company’s desire to keep them as members of the team.
- Be open with employees about management decisions and ask for suggestions to resolve issues.
- Provide helpful and practical information about the pandemic.
- Highlight employee benefits that employees might not know about to relieve any financial stress. See if your plan offers an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and provide employees with these great resources.
- Encourage employees to take advantage of teledoc services your health insurance plan may offer.
- Aetna Teladoc
- Anthem Blue Cross – Live Health Online
- Anthem Blue Cross – Live Health Online COVID-19
- Blue Shield Teledoc – COVID-19
- Health Net – Teledoc
- Kaiser – Access to Care Anytime
- Kaiser – video visits
- Oscar – Doctor on Call Services
- United Healthcare – Teledoc COVID-19
- United Healthcare – Virtual visits
- Communicate the future of the business with employees in meetings, on the company intranet site, in newsletters.
- Educate employees that there are cyber criminals that may prey on individuals during times of panic and hardship. Be careful of cyber scams.
- Be empathetic in your communications, as every employee’s situation may be different.
In these uncertain times, it’s imperative that you communicate your business’ plans as frequently as possible. While it is impossible to control the pandemic, it is possible for you to help ease the stress your employees are experiencing.
For additional employee communications or resources regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, contact MNJ Insurance Solutions.